Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas 2009





On Christmas morning, Troy woke up early and had the good ol' Barnum family breakfast (hashbrowns and eggs) ready when I woke up. We quickly opened our presents and then Troy headed off to a hectic day of work at Walgreens. Troy got me some knives that actually cut (I was beginning to wonder if there was such a thing), a stocking full of goodies, and a new laptop that I am using right now...so very cool!! I love it, but I'm still trying to get used to this new Windows 7 deal. I got him some clothes and a Wii which he seemed to be pretty excited about...

haha! that picture just makes me laugh :)
I spent Christmas day over at Mom's house spending time with Mom, Holly, and Holly's boyfriend Sean both of which flew in from Hawaii for the holidays. It was so good to see them! After Troy got off work, we went over to Doug & Annette's to visit, eat a yummy dinner, and open gifts. I was so bummed because I forgot my camera at Mom's house, so I couldn't get any pictures.

I realized this year how much I love to focus on the Savior's birth and the symbolism of the Christmas season. I love the lights and decorations and spending time with family and friends. I love the spirit of Christmas and I love the opportunities to give and to serve others. I hope to keep that same feeling with me throughout the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment