Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wedding, Parade, Birthday, & Ty

I cannot believe how fast time goes by. It's been a few years since I've updated this, and it's a lot easier to post here about what we've been up to than on facebook. Since I cannot possibly say everything we've been up to in the past 2 years, I'll unfortunately not start where I left off, but rather start with the last couple of weeks. They've been busy! Here's a few highlights... My sister, Holly, got married to Salamon Peleke La'akea Mathews on May 27th. They had a nice little ceremony given by a Native American officiator. I loved the added touches from the Hawaiian culture, not to mention the delicious authentic Hawaiian food made for the rehearsal dinner! It was awesome that my brother flew in from Connecticut, even though he wasn't feeling the greatest the whole time. Seeing him twice in one year is a new record! I got to helped decorate, make the guestbook, & flowers. (Some things I didn't even know I was capable of doing! Never in a millions years would I think I'd make my sister's wedding bouquet but I did! Couldn't believe it!) We wish them the best in their marriage & love them both. Off to Seattle they go... Ty slept through the whole ceremony. Little guy was tuckered out from Friday's spa day and Saturday's decorating day. Here's some pics of the guestbook. I bought it for $1 at the DI and painted it. The frame on the front was just hot-glued on and I bought at the DI for $1 also. The rest of the scrapbook sheets & embelishments costed $12. I thought it was pretty thrifty guestbook! Feel free to get some ideas for all you scrapbookers. I feel terrible I have more pictures of the guestbook than I do of the actual wedding. I didn't take one picture the whole weekend. Hey, that's why they hired a photographer, right? I helped decorate a semi for our annual Westerns Days Parade last weekend. Troy was promoting Silverhawk Aviation and the helicopter tours of the snake river canyon. What a better way to promote it than by having the all-daring Annette sitting in the helicopter waving at everyone. It was quite high up there. We appreciate everyone's willingness to help out with this & thought it turned out really well. Troy worked hard with one of his students handing out fliers to get the information out there. My birthday was on Sunday, June 3rd. What a wonderful day! I woke up to sticky notes all over our place saying "Happy Birthday!" and "I love you! Love, Ty" It was so cute and made me smile everywhere I looked when I saw one. There were some even the in car. We went to church, came home and I did a little scavenger hunt to find my present from Troy & Ty. It was an iPod dock. Ok, I know I'm a little outdated with technology (obviously, since I haven't updated this blog in over 2 years), but it's awesome & I love it! Mom, Annette, & Doug came over for dinner and opening gifts. It was a really nice day! Here is a really gorgeous flower Mom brought over for my birthday. Again all my birthday pics are on Mom's camera. ...and of course a few updates on our little Ty. He's getting big and it's making me sad although it's so fun to watch him grow and progress. We are really enjoying parenthood. He is such a good baby! He smiles all the time and his laugh is so cute. He loves to squeal too, which none of us can recreate that unique sound. It sounds like some kind of animal. dinosaur maybe? I dont know. It makes us laugh. He's 5 1/2 months now and sitting up great on his own. He has his bottom, left tooth and we're thinking the other one will come in shortly because anything he sees goes straight in his mouth in about 3 seconds just to chomp on it including his toes if he lays on his back. He tries to talk to us and we mimic the sounds he makes back to him and he just smiles like we're having a little conversation and he keeps repeating the sounds. He absolutely LOVES his daddy and I love to watch them play together. He's such an easy going and mellow baby. We love him so much! I'm pretty sure I caught him in the middle of a squeal here...he gets really excited...

2 comments:

  1. LOVE that you updated your blog!! He is such a cute baby! I'm so glad I got to see him at this age. they are just so fun and sweet. Loved the wedding scrapbook! Very creative, you are so crafty! Congrats to the newlyweds! I'm so happy for Troy with his helicopter stuff. you guys have been busy, hopefully it doesn't take you another two years to update this!

    ReplyDelete