The stench wore off the next day when we rented tubes and had a blast floating the river three times. During the third time, this lady chickened out to go down a waterfall, so she got out of her tube and stood right on top of it which was exactly where we were headed. Troy, being the nice person he is and not wanting to hit her, got out of the tube and tried pulling our 2-person tube against the current. Instead the tube and I went down the wrong side, tumbling over and probably looking terrified. It gave us a good laugh. Good news was someone saved my flip flops, so I was happy I didn't have to walk back to the car barefoot. The lady that got in our way ended up going down on her bum anyway, which was probably even worse!
In the evening we went to the hot springs early in anticipation of the fireworks that were launched off of a nearby mountain. After enduring sunburns in hot mineral water for three hours, the lamest fireworks show we've all seen finally began. There was only one firework at a time and sometimes lengthy breaks in between-nothing compared to Idaho Falls. The highlight was the short finale and string of fireworks strung across the top of the mountain that made it look like lava was pouring over the rocks.
Despite the disappointment with the fireworks, it was a memorable trip! It was good to be together with friends and enjoy the beauty of our great country. Here are just a few pics.

Cole & Troy are watching our hamburgers cook over the fire
Cole and Amanda decided to play on a teeter-totter at a nearby campsite while the people were out for the day. We watched the kids playing on it all morning and it looked like they were having fun!

This whole thing is a sham! Look at the date on the pics!! -Trav
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you have a blog now! It is nice being able to see what everyone has been up to. It looks like you guys had a fun fourth of July weekend. We wish you you could have been here in Idaho Falls with all of us. Hope all is well with you and Troy.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE THAT YOU FINALLY DID A BLOG!!! now we just need to get heather on here!! So it looks like you had a really fun 4th! even though the fireworks were lame at least you had a really fun trip! I am sooooooooooo excited to see you soon!!! I fly out a week from thur!! I can't believe it is almost here! and yes I totally used your idea from last fourth to do the watermelon, but i couldn't remember how you did it so I tried to come up with my own version. but thanks for the good idea!
ReplyDeleteHi Tina and Troy! You've got an awesome blog! Thanks for sharing your July 4th campout and adventures at Lava Hot Springs. We enjoyed a similar trip there a few years ago with Jeff and Shelley. They enjoyed the river floating and waterfalls. I had more fun watching that part. . . . Have a wonderful summer! Keep us posted about your plans.
ReplyDeleteMy brother-in-law flew helicopters in Viet Nam and later for KSL traffic reports and life flights in Salt Lake. Sounds exciting!
Sister B (Aleen) and Darren