
Troy has always been interested in flying since he was little. He's recently considered making it a career. Last Friday, he got to do a demonstration helicopter flight at Silverhawk Aviation Academy in Caldwell. After lift off, he was handed over the controls and flew around for a half hour with the instructor at his side. He had so much fun and told me all about it!
(He flew a helicopter similar to this one)Every moment he gets, it seems like he's researching helicopters and everything about them. He's talked with a friend that graduated from the academy, and he even went to St. Lukes today to talk with their chief LifeFlight pilot. Of course I have my natural concerns as a wife, and I'd be sad to leave Twin Falls and family. However, for the most part, I'm really excited for him and anxious to see what new adventures are right around the corner. Nothing is official yet, so if you have any input or knowledge on this subject please share! We'd love to hear about it!

Dan never did the helicopter route but he loved flying too! It is just flying for the military he didn't like. The problem with flying on someone else's time and money is you don't get to do what you want to do in the air, it is all percision movements. It's not like you get to fly around and have fun. Maybe flying for the hospital would be different but that is what Dan hated about flying.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the blogosphere. Is this a real possiblity? I only had one helicopter ride in my life and I didn't get to see very much (lying down on the stretcher). Maybe Troy could take us up again!
ReplyDelete