Troy's first day of helicopter training was Monday, Dec. 21st. Unfortunately he didn't get to fly because it was too windy, but his instructor went over the pre-flight checklist with him in detail. He was excited to get to actually fly on the following Saturday but found out he needs a lot of practice hovering. He's been on four flights total so far. Today they went to Buhl and practiced take-offs and landings. He says he getting better but it's a slow process. Stay tuned for further updates. I'm excited for the day I get to be up there with him :)
Monday, January 4, 2010
Troy's First Day!
Troy's first day of helicopter training was Monday, Dec. 21st. Unfortunately he didn't get to fly because it was too windy, but his instructor went over the pre-flight checklist with him in detail. He was excited to get to actually fly on the following Saturday but found out he needs a lot of practice hovering. He's been on four flights total so far. Today they went to Buhl and practiced take-offs and landings. He says he getting better but it's a slow process. Stay tuned for further updates. I'm excited for the day I get to be up there with him :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

the weather is what drove Dan nuts about flying. he was always being grounded because of weather and I think that gets old after a while. but it sounds like Troy is doing great!! Keep up the hard work Troy!
ReplyDelete