Saturday, June 30, 2012

Ty's Recent Milestones

Our big boy is 6 months old now and he had a doctor's appointment last week, so here's the stats. He's 20 lbs 4 oz which makes him in the 90th percentile range. He was in 95th last appointment so he's dropped some I guess. He's 27 1/4 inches long making him in the 75th percentile for height. We finally started him on solid foods... Oatmeal cereal first...
"I'll do it myself mama"...
...carrots were second....
...and we just tried peas today but I'll spare you those pictures. They were just too nasty-looking to post. Despite the finger-licking good picture he wasn't too crazy about my carrots but the peas and oatmeal he seemed to enjoy. We noticed his first tooth on my birthday & now they're coming in quite nicely. We've tried everything to try to make him comfortable. My visiting teacher told me she'd heard of giving kids dill pickles so we tried it. He seemed to like that also until it wound up on the ground.
My personal favorite...trying to see if he can fit it all in his mouth.
He's rolling over pretty good on one side at least and chatting with us all the time. He acts suprised when we mimic his sounds, giving us a look like, "You can talk the way I talk? I understand!" He also loves to stand up.

Here's the first time he rolled over.  He did it 4 times in a row and then we're evil parents and made him do it again when he clearly didn't want to. Sorry for the crying.  It's funny that these little things bring such great joy in a parent's life!

Here are a few random pictures... I thought this one was funny. I can just hear him say, "Mom! Stop taking pictures of me already!"
Ty had a cousin, Camden, who lives in Texas that was born 2 days before him. His mama picked them up matching shirts. I thought it was so very cute and appropriate. We had a cooler day so we put it on him. Thank You Becky! Very thoughtful!
We enjoy taking walks pretty much everyday.
We also enjoy getting tackled by daddy.
...and then tackling daddy back. Particularly his nose.
Life is good :) (Helicopter ride pictures are still to come....)

1 comment:

  1. solids!!! wait till he tries the puffs. He will LOVE those!!

    ReplyDelete