Sunday, July 8, 2012

Festive Treats

Something about Tina - I love making treats! Especially if there's a holiday!  I think just because it gives me a reason to make it and enjoy it.  I got a lot of these ideas from Pinterest.  Here's what I made for Independence Day week.  I know what you're thinking...and no, we didn't eat all of this ourselves.  We usually just try it and give it away to family and friends.

Angel Food Cake, Vanilla Pudding, Blueberries, & Strawberry layered goodness! Light and fluffy! So Yum!

Fruit Cheesecake Bites with a Chocolate Chip Cookie Crust


This took me 3 hrs to make! Call me crazy, I know.  A Flag cake!  The red layer has pureed strawberries in it that makes it taste delicious! Definitely my favorite layer, but all of it was pretty good.

Here's what it looks on the inside.  (I know it's backwards, but after cutting it and putting it on the plate it doesn't make any difference right?)

and of course...Patriotic Jello!

I also made red, white, and blue cake balls and took them up to Idaho Falls.  That took some time also.  They were pretty sweet, but edible.  If you want recipes for next year let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment