Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Troy!

Troy turned 24 today! We celebrated it in Salt Lake City, Utah with a day full of good experiences. It started off with breakfast in bed at our hotel...mmm, yummy! Afterwhich we headed off to do a session in the Salt Lake Temple. Neither one of us had been there before, and there isn't even any words to describe the beauty within it's walls. I can honestly say it's the most beautiful building I've ever been in. To think that the early pioneers hand-carved such detail for such sacred purposes was really a humbling feeling for both of us. When Troy looked at his phone when we got out, there was a voicemail from the guy I had been associating with to plan our next activity. I couldn't hold in the surprise any longer. I had to tell Troy we were going to see Salt Lake from the air. We circled downtown Salt Lake twice and went back but it was blast. Do you notice anything with the helicopter? That's right!! There aren't any doors!! It was a little scary when we made the right turn to circle the town. The pilot was really nice and talked with Troy about becoming a pilot. Here are a few pics of our short tour: This one is taken looking straight down from the helicopter. This one would be really cool if it wasn't blurry:
Our gradual descent:

After this we met up with Jay and Lauren and went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. When we visited them at their house, Lauren was a busy body crawling on Troy and giving him a birthday "bouncy". She's an adorable niece and we're really glad we got to see them! I apologize for the terrible glare.

We got back home around 10 p.m. and crashed, regretting not taking Thursday & Friday off of work as well. Back to work at 8:00 a.m, but it was a wonderful day!

1 comment: