Saturday, December 12, 2009

Update

I am really bad about updating our blog. I apologize. Here goes the fast version from Halloween until now.

Mom's Birthday was November 15th and we had her over for dinner and dessert to celebrate. Happy Birthday Mom!


I had a copycat recipe for Chili's Chocolate Molten Cake and it turned out almost exactly like it!

Troy did a magic trick for the College Ward's talent show on November 16th. There is always a great turnout for talent shows in the college ward because the kids (and I say kids for lack of a better term...some are older than me) always come up with the most creative talents and some of them are just humorous. For instance two guys established the "man date"...two guys drinking soda's acting out how they would ask a girl to marry them using a candy ring. The first video is the Elder's Quorum's combined talent. You see what I mean by just humorous, and then Troy's magic trick is the second one. He accidentally showed the egg before the trick started, which is why everyone is laughing to start off with. He did a wonderful job and it was a hit!
Sorry this next one is turned sideways. I didn't know how to fix it.


My cousin Melissa got married November 21st in the Twin Falls Temple to a wonderful man Greg. Everything turned out really nice, and it was so fun to see family that I haven't seen in a few years.





We went up to my sister and brother-in-law's in Boise for Thanksgiving. We met Mom up there too. It was just a short over-night trip because Troy and I both had to work the next day. Nevertheless, the food was delicious and enjoyed it in our pjs which is why we have no pics of us actually eating the dinner. I really enjoyed listening to Nate play the drums (he's really good) and Troy and I attempting to play (not so good). We also stayed up late playing the new Super Mario Bros on the Wii. It reminded me of old times out on the farm playing sega or nintendo games until all hours of the morning with not a care in the world...good times.



Of course, Fargas has to have Thanksgiving dinner too :)

Last week, Troy's parents invited us to Idaho Pizza where a group called the Idaho Old Time Fiddlers were playing while we ate pizza. The treat was Annette was playing with them! She is so musically talented! She just started learning to play the guitar a month ago and she's already playing Carol of the Bells without looking at the sheet music. Anyway, here's a video of the whole clan. She's the youngest one of the bunch.


First Fed's company Christmas party was on Dec. 5th. Since Troy had to work, I asked Mom to be my date. It was at Canyon Crest and there were a lot of people there. They had gifts wrapped for each table's centerpiece and Mom got picked to open up the one at our table. Inside was an envelope with anywhere from $1-$100 in it. Mom's envelope had $5. They had door prizes for the employees but I didn't get picked. They also hired a live band out of Boise that was pretty good. I wished I would have gotten a video of all the people dancing because that was the most entertaining thing. Our company sure knows how to throw a successful party. This is the first song they played and a pic of most of the Eastland Branch.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, if it isn't a secret, I would LOVE your recipe for the molten chocolate cake. That is one of Jeff's favorite desserts. I'm glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving. Have a Merry Christmas as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! We are happy to see what has been going on with you guys! We miss you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And forward the email you send to Brooke with the recipe for me too!! Sounds YUMMY!!!I'm so glad you finally updated the blog!! It is so nice to see what you guys are up to!! I love it all!!! CAn't wait to be closer to you guys!!!!! Love you and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the update, was hopint to see Troy as Santa:) your favorite aunt

    ReplyDelete